The MCO Symdrome

All honour and glory to you, Father in heaven. 

Today, 9 May 2020 marks the 8th week the Movement Control Order (MCO) was implemented in Malaysia. It has been a tumultuous eight weeks for me, Father, as I have been working hard - perhaps too hard for my kids - all 125 of them - who are now in their hometowns. Lord, you are omniscient, and so you know what I am going through.

Today went pretty well for me, actually despite the work I had to do for my students who will be taking their major exam next year (postponed from this year). I was overall calm, and managed to trim the grass in my garden for about half-an-hour. That's good enough. I'm thankful, dear God that I've a garden for me to enjoy compared to my neighbours. The weather wasn't too hot, thankfully. I suppose, you knew I dislike to sweat too much. After all, I've been sweating even without physically working outside.

My eyes have been very tired in recent weeks. Despite putting eye drops, it's still the same. Lord, let me not be blind or have blurred vision, for I need them to do my work efficiently. Show me how I should take care of them without having to work too much on my computer during this lockdown period

The police manning road blocks nationwide

I do hope we go back to school soon; yet, I wish I do not have to go back to school, for I anticipate much more work than pre-MCO. Remember, Lord - our government keeps telling us about the new normal. It's not only physical distancing we're talking about but also doing things the new way, too. That's going to be hard at my age. I'm just past half a century old, but with your blessing and guidance, I will be alright. 

It's past midnight. I don't have mood to do anymore work. My eyes are very tired, and my brain is about to shut down soon. I thank you God for everything that you've done for me today (yesterday). I pray that I'll be able to sleep well, with you in my mind. All praise to you.Thank you, Father.

Your son on earth,
-Kevin-

Comments